Melbourne Tunnel Early Works – Arden DrainageMay 2, 2019
Westernport Highway Sewerage Pumping Station and Rising MainMay 9, 2019
Toorak Rd West, Tram Infrastructure Improvements
Fulton Hogan Construction Pty Ltd under the Principal Contractor Yarra Tramsaccepted Land Engineering on the Toorak Road West Tram Improvements project with works relocating the St. Kilda Road Water Main.
As part of Melbourne Metro Tunnel enabling works, the Route 58 tram service which previously travelled along Domain Road and Park Street, South Yarra, was re-routed to Toorak Road West. Fulton Hogan was appointed to construct the new tram infrastructure to be built on Toorak Road West between Park Street and St Kilda Road; the purpose was to maintain a direct connection from South Yarra to the CBD during the construction of the Metro Tunnel Project.
The new stops are integrated, modern and accessible, providing an improved experience for passengers with shelters, seating, lighting and real-time tram arrival displays. The new dedicated central tram corridor on Toorak Road West will facilitate more reliable journey times while maintaining a lane of traffic in each direction.
The triple platform stop on St Kilda Road provides improved interchanges between tram services, helping to keep Melburnians moving during construction while Domain Interchange is rebuilt, and easing reliance on Domain Interchange once the new station is complete.
Toorak Road, South Yarra
– Cut and remove Tram Lines, excavate and lay 560mm PE Sleeve across Toorak Rd West, from North to South at a depth of 1.8m in Sandy Clay ground conditions, within close proximity to live trams inside traffic management.
– Installation of OD355mm PE100 inside the 560mm PN4 (Sleeve Pipe) using pipe centralisers to maintain clearance inside the sleeve.
– Butt Fusion and Electro Fusion method used to join pipe and fittings inc, bends, hydrants and valves.
– Installation of concrete thrust blocks.
– Hydrostatic Testing, Chlorination and Commission.
– Connect new OD355mm PE100 pipe to existing PE100 (North Side) and existing PVC (South Side)
– Backfilled trench with 5% Cement Stabilised Sand to asphalt level
South East Water
WC1, R1, R2, R3